Saturday, November 28, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
When life gets me down, I get to thanking (not thinking) god for all of the things in my life that I am grateful for. Today started out as a pretty bad day so here I sit reminding myself of these things.
I am grateful for...
- My happy and healthy family, when there are so many suffering with one or the other.
- My loving and totally supportive parents who I am VERY close to and would be completely lost without!
- My two little girls who may not always be perfect angels but are my gifts from heaven.
- My new little miracle in my growing tummy who we await to meet.
- My husband who I love unconditionally.
- My perfect for our family house.
- My entire family who is rather large but still lives so close to each other.
- My job at a time when not everyone has the option.
- My photography, it may not be a huge money maker at this point but I get to enjoy my passion.
- My mother-n-law who always seems to know exactly how to support our marriage and always willing to help when needed.
- My husband's family who is so close knit and has always made me feel so very welcome.
- My best friend Crystal who is always a phone call away. A friendship of about 10 years where we can go months without seeing each other but talk almost every day.
- My relationship with god, although I am not a "perfect Christan", I have my own personal relationship with him that is perfect enough for me.
- My life! The fact that there are times when money is tight or bad things happen causing me to get upset or depressed and all I have to do to feel better is to make a mental list such as the above to make it all better.
I employ you all to do the same when you are having a bad day. Just sit down and get to thanking. No matter how big or small your list is...there is a list and focus on that.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Today was our second doctor appointment and 2nd ultra sound. Last time Schuyler was in Louisiana due to his grandmother's passing so he was not able to be there. This time we were able to see a full fledged baby with fingers and toes and moving and heard the heart beat and everything. The only weird thing is that the head is still a big strange looking because it is still only about 11 weeks along. The doctor said that everything seems to be fine and the heart beat sounds great. Below are some pics of our new little joy.
Monday, November 9, 2009
We took a trip to Daingerfield, TX this past weekend with Schuyler's family and had a great time. For some reason I never took my camera out but there sure were some times when I wish I had it in had. One big one was... While forging through the woods in hunt for a survey marker, Madison started telling me that she had to go potty. We were very far from the road and the truck so I asked her to hold it. Well, apparently that was not a good idea...she wondered off a little later and I discovered she had pottied in her panties. As I got closer to her I soon realized that horrid smell was coming from her. Yup...you guessed it....it was #2 and pretty bad!!! She hasn't had one of those accidents in a VERY LONG TIME. I yelled for Schuyler to come help and he said strip her down throw the panties away and put her in the little creek we pasted a little while back. So there she was, my little princess naked in a creek in the middle of the woods. While daddy and I watched out for critters and such she washed herself....then I guess it became fun and she asked "mommy can I stay and swim"? It was a bad situation that ended up pretty funny and easily fixed. Oh but I wish I had my camera in hand to capture that moment. :o)
Once the sun started to go down we packed up and headed to Longview to stay the night with Schuyler's aunt and uncle. It was wonderful to have some homemade chili and a warm shower! Ohhhhh....I was in heaven after spending the day literally in the woods with the dirt, bugs, and sticker bushes. Thank you Jimmy and Stephanie!!!
Friday, November 6, 2009
This year we had a lot of friends trick-or-treat with us and it was a lot of fun. Oh yea...and I dressed up since I am the coolest mom ever!!! :o) (no laughing) I do think this year was the coldest Halloween has been in a long time and it made it a little more festive.
The girls and I were all 50's poodle skirt girls. The girls were so excited that we all sorta matched....I know that it won't last many more years so I will take for as long as I can. :o)
Below are all of the kids who went with us trick-or-treating. Our neighborhood gets really busy during Halloween so keeping up with all of thes kids was a challange. Not to mention that with costumes on and many other batman and spiderman not only would you lose them but you would get them mixed up with another kid. CRAZY but fun.
Most kids get scared of someone dressed up at the door and my kids only see candy and are out of there. I don't think they even looked at the guys face. HA! LOL.
Can you tell that I had to pin Madison's skirt to her shirt? Poor baby is skinny and has no waist or hips...she is all one size from chest to bottom. Her skirt would fall to her ankles no matter how tight I tied it. Safety pins work wonders. :o)
Not the best picture of daddy but this was how Madison trick-or-treated the last 15 minutes. She was so sleepy and warn out.